2. They may come home with large bags of things they call
gifts. Do not
assume that all the gifts are yours.
3. Be tolerant if your humans put decorations on you.
They seem to get some
special kind of pleasure out of seeing how you look with fake antlers.
4. They may bring a large tree into the house and set
it up in a prominent
place and cover it with lights and decorations. Bizarre as this may seem to
you, it is an important ritual for your humans, so there are some things you
need to know:
- don't pee on the tree
- don't drink water in the container that holds the tree
- mind your tail when you are near the tree
- if there are packages under the tree, even ones that smell interesting or
that have your name on them, don't rip them open
- don't chew on the cord that runs from the funny-looking hole in the wall
to the tree
5. Your humans may occasionally invite lots of strangers
to come visit
during this season. These parties can be lots of fun, but they also call for
some discretion on your part:
- not all strangers appreciate kisses and leans
- don't eat off the buffet table
- beg for goodies subtly
- be pleasant, even if unknowing strangers sit on your sofa
- don't drink out of glasses that are left within your reach
6. Likewise, your humans may take you visiting. Here your
manners will also
- observe all the rules in #4 for trees that may be in other people's
houses. (4a is particularly important)
- respect the territory of other animals that may live in the house
- tolerate children
- turn on your charm big time
7. A big man with a white beard and a very loud laugh
may emerge from your
fireplace in the middle of the night.
DON'T BITE HIM!!